• Sunday 16th January 2022
  • |
  • Thanks for Visiting Our Website
  • +8801811143720, +8801611153764, +8801711153764,
  • info@gvcedu.com, tanvir@gvcedu.com

Why Study in the USA?

Here’s why you should choose USA as your study abroad destination!

  • World renowned Academia: According to the latest rankings, 16 universities of USA are ranked among the top 20 in the world.
  • Academic Flexibility:The American higher education system offers flexible and highly structured course options to the students according to their needs and academic goals.
  • Variety of Educational Opportunities: No matter what you plan to study, you will have the option to choose from wide variety of programs in various fields like arts, social sciences or technical fields.
  • Cutting-Edge Research Technology and Training opportunities: Universities in the USA are at the forefront of technology, research and techniques and makes sure that all spectrums of the education sector are well equipped with the latest technology.
  • Support Services & student offices: They assist students by providing a wide range of student services like conducting orientation program, housing, employment possibilities, health concerns, resume and employment assistance as graduation nears.

The Education System in USA

There are over 4,500 universities and colleges in the USA, offering 10 times the number of tertiary-level study opportunities than any other country which makes it much easier for the students to follow their career aspirations.

There are four institution options in USA offering different levels of affordability to suit everyone.

  • State Colleges / Universities
  • Private Colleges / Universities
  • Community Colleges
  • Institutes of Technology

The cost of Studying in the USA

With over hundreds of leading universities, the American education system is renowned across the world for its quality teaching programs and the caliber of its graduates. Often considered as the leader of the world, you’ll find numerous top-ranking universities and educational institutions that provide globally recognized degrees and qualifications.

State colleges in USA charges around USD$ 23,000 or more per year and private colleges charges around USD$ 31,000 or more for an undergraduate bachelor’s degree. An associate degree from a public college is much more affordable with education cost ranging around USD$ 3,300 per annum.


Employment Opportunities in USA

The USA has strict employment rules, however skilled workers are in demand in the reputed organizations. The first step is to apply for a Green Card or United States Lawful Permanent Residency which gives the holder the right to both settle in the USA as well as work in paid employment.

To gain an industrial experience in the USA without settling there permanently, you can apply for work visas on a temporary, seasonal or exchange worker basis. This requires a Work Visa as well as permit to work known as Employment Authorisation Document (EAD).

Document Checklist for Study Abroad

  • 1. Application form with $75 – $ 200 fees in various universities need for Completing the Common Application* (you'll need to create an account to get started). Your nonrefundable application fee can be paid via check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank or foreign affiliate, and made payable to Bentley University. The check must be imprinted with a U.S. bank address and contain encoded MICR routing numbers.
  • 2. Official secondary school transcript. Submit an official transcript or mark sheets for all secondary schools attended (college, gymnasium, lycee), including your most recent marks at the time of your application. Also include official results of national exams, if given in your country. Transcripts should be sent directly from a school official in both your native language and English; uncertified photocopies are not acceptable.
  • 3. Common Application essay. You can choose from any of the topics listed in the application.
  • 4. Two letters of recommendation. Recommendations should be submitted by your college counselor and one from a teacher who can speak to your strengths and talents. School officials can mail or fax directly to us or submit them through Common App.
  • 5. Senior Grades. Senior grades are an important factor in our admission decision. We will not release a decision without having some indication of your academic performance from senior year; examples include, but are not limited to, first quarter, first semester or first trimester grades. If you are an International Baccalaureate or A-Level candidate, we will consider your predicted grades in the admission process. If your school does not provide senior grades prior to our notification date, please contact our office. Keep in mind, your guidance office may not automatically send your grades, so we recommend you confirm with your guidance counselor.
  • 6. Standardized test results. We require that you take the SAT or ACT. We do not accept SAT scores from exams taken prior to March of 2016. If English is not your first spoken language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The preferred minimum scores are:


TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections.

IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 6 on each of the IELTS subsections

Your results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official secondary school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:

SAT: 3096

ACT: 1783

TOEFL: 3096

  • 7. Sponsor Support Form. If you are admitted to and elect to enroll, you must submit the Sponsor Support Form for an I-20 to be issued. If you prefer, you may complete the top portion of this form (Applicant Statement) and attach a signed letter from a parent or sponsor indicating their willingness to pay educational expenses not less than $71,296 USD generally (or its foreign currency equivalency).
  • 8. Certificate of Financial Resources Form. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Certificate of Financial Resources Form for an I-20 to be issued. If you do not complete this form, you must submit one of the following:
  • A bank letter from your parent or sponsor’s bank, signed by a bank official, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $71,296 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency).
  • A bank statement in your parent or sponsor’s name, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $ 25,0000 to $ 30,296 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency). It will vary from university to university.


Because some countries have limits on the amount of money that may be sent to the United States, it is important to inquire about the regulations of your country concerning the transfer of such funds. Our Center for International Students and Scholarsalso can assist you in preparing your documentation for visa issuance.

  • 9. Passport photocopy. If you are admitted to a university and elect to enroll, you must submit a copy of your passport page with biographical information. Please note that you must provide a copy of the passport you will use to apply for your F-1 visa (multiple passport copies will not be accepted). If you are currently studying in the United States, please submit a copy of your I-20 form and student visa.


English Proficiency Testing Results

English is the language of instruction at University. You must be able to understand rapid, idiomatic English and express yourself clearly in speech and writing.If your first language or the primary language spoken in your home is not English, you must take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). However, an applicant may request an English proficiency waiver. Waiver requests must be received by the application deadline and must accompany a complete application. The decision to waive the English proficiency requirement is at the discretion of the Board of Admissions. To submit a waiver request,

Documents are needed for Visa

All western institutions and embassies require almost the same documents for visa and admission purposes. (some documents may be ignored)

  • 1. Passport
  • 2. Photograph
  • 3. Visa Application
  • 4. Application Fees
  • 5. Offer or acceptance letter from the University
  • 6. Registration letter for the course / program / I20 Letter
  • 7. Fees remittance letters or copy
  • 8. Bank statement
  • 9. Solvency letter
  • 10. Reference letter by the principal or head of department
  • 11. Valuation of property or assets or house letter by the registry office
  • 12. Job letter / experiences letters if any
  • 13. Educational certificates main ones
  • 14. Hostel or lodging letter where you stay in the USA.
  • 15. English test letter if any
  • 16. Sponsor letter by father or mother or brother or blood related uncle
  • 17. Air tickets if arranged
  • 18. Own statement or intent of studying abroad like study plan.
  • 19. Medical Health Certificates for some universities
  • 20. Travel Insurance certificates for some universities


Documents for university admission

  • 1. Photo copy of the passport
  • 2. Photograph
  • 3. Academic Certificates copies, transcripts of SSC and HSC, Degree certificates for graduate study
  • 4. English test Certificates
  • 5. CV
  • 6. Reference Letters / recommendation letters by the head or Principal
  • 7. Print copy of the Application form (online)
  • 8. Experiences letter / job letters for graduate study / master degrees.
  • 9. Solvency letters wanted by some universities
  • 10. Fees payments documents

A step-by-step guide to Applications and Visa Requirements

  1. Register with Global and talk with an Education Counsellor
  2. Choose a course according to your areas of interest
  3. Shortlist a university that suits your preferences, entry requirements and budget
  4. Apply for the university in USA with our assistance
  5. Get counselling on visa from our experts
  6. Pay financial deposits
  7. Receive CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies) from the university
  8. Apply for your visa with our help
  9. Attend our pre-departure session and get ready to depart for USA


If an individual is not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States they will need a permit to work, officially known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), to prove eligibility to work in the U.S. It is the responsibility of both parties to show and require proof of legal employment status. Foreign Nationals Permitted to Work in the U.S.

There are several categories of foreign workers permitted to work in the United States including permanent immigrant workers, temporary (non-immigrant) workers, and student and exchange workers. The categories of workers permitted to work in the U.S. include:

  • Citizen of the United States
  • Noncitizen national of the United States
  • Lawful permanent resident
  • An alien authorized to work


Foreign workers who may be authorized to work in the U.S. include:

Temporary (non-immigrant) Workers

A temporary worker is an individual seeking to enter the United States temporarily for a specific purpose. Non-immigrants enter the United States for a temporary period of time, and once in the United States, are restricted to the activity or reason for which their non-immigrant visa was issued.

Permanent (Immigrant) Workers

A permanent worker is an individual who is authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.

Students and Exchange Visitors

Students may, under certain circumstances, be allowed to work in the United States. However, they must obtain permission from an authorized official at their school.

The authorized official is known as a Designed School Official (DSO) for students and the Responsible Officer (RO) for exchange visitors. Exchange visitors may be eligible to work temporarily in the U.S. via the exchange visitor visa program.

  • 1. Someone usually must file an immigrant petition for you (often referred to as sponsoring or petitioning for you). In some cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself.
  • 2. After USCIS approves the immigrant petition, and there is a visa available in your category, you file either a Green Card application with USCIS or a visa application with the U.S. Department of State.
  • 3. You go to a biometrics appointment to provide fingerprints, photos, and a signature.
  • 4. You go to an interview.
  • 5. You receive a decision on your application.



You must have adequate, demonstrable financial support to live and study in the United States. Visa applications are generally stronger if the financial support comes from family, employers, or other institutional sponsors located in the home country. If your parents will pay for your education, be ready to document how your family gets its income. Bring a letter from your parents' employers stating what they do, how long they have worked at those organizations, and how much they earn. When visa officers see information that is contradictory or does not make sense, they do not grant visas. If your family can only show enough income to support you in the United States, the officer will become suspicious.

Large sums of money in bank accounts may not be sufficient proof of financial support. When providing information about your bank accounts, ask someone at your bank for a letter that states how long the account has existed, and what the average balance in the account has been. That should convince the visa officer that you and your family have a long and stable history of business at the bank.

“Intent to Return”

Most student and exchange visitor visa applications are approved. The most common reason for a student or exchange visitor application to be denied is that the person applying for the visa has not proven to the Visa Officer that they will return to their country when they complete their studies in the U.S.A. This rule is called Section 214.b. To determine your "intent to return" home, the visa officer will ask you a series of questions about your connections to your home country and about your study plans. You will have to demonstrate to the officer that your family has the ability to pay for the first year of your proposed stay in the United States and that you have realistic plans to finance the remainder of your education. You must have all of the required forms with you including your I-20 or DS-2019 and the SEVIS payment receipt. You should bring any financial documents to demonstrate how you will pay for your education and any documents that might help demonstrate why you will return to your country. Some examples of such documents are previous passports demonstrating travel abroad, bank or salary statements, family documents or student records.

If you are denied a visa there may be something you can do to reverse the denial. You may appeal the decision. In most cases, you will need to provide additional documentation that was not presented with the initial application. In some cases, a visa officer may request additional documents like proof of employment, or ownership of a home or business. You should respond with the information requested.

A fax or email from your U.S. school to the embassy or consulate in your city containing details about your qualifications, and requesting reconsideration, can be helpful in pursuing a successful appeal. Faxes should be addressed to the Chief of Nonimmigrant Visas at the Consular post in question. Fax and telephone numbers are available on the page of the Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for the visa on the Department of State web site at usembassy.gov Look under “Contact Us. A full-time student would receive an F-1 or M-1 visa. Your spouse and children would receive F-2 or M-2 visas.

An Exchange Visitor would receive a J-1 visa. Exchange Visitors come to the USA for consultation, training, research or teaching, or for an approved Au Pair or temporary work position.

Interested in Studying Abroad with Global Visa Consultant, What you are waiting for?


Office Location

  • AMIN TOWER, Flat # B1(2nd Floor), House # 4, Road # 1/A, Sector # 9, Uttara, Dhaka, Bangladesh
  • +8801811143720, +8801611153764, +8801711153764,
  • info@gvcedu.com, tanvir@gvcedu.com