• Sunday 16th January 2022
  • |
  • Thanks for Visiting Our Website
  • +8801811143720, +8801611153764, +8801711153764,
  • info@gvcedu.com, tanvir@gvcedu.com

Why Study in the UK?

Here’s why you should choose UK as your study abroad destination!

    • Impressive International Reputation: UK is home to four of the world’s top ten universities and has the second highest number of Nobel Prize winners in the world.
    • Wide Range of Study Options: UK offers well-researched and diverse range of courses in globally ranked institutions preparing students for the corporate world.
    • Lower Cost of Education: Undergraduate degrees in UK are of three to four years and a master’s program is typically between one and two years, saving your education & living costs.
    • Attractive Scholarships: Institutions in UK offers variety of scholarships, financial aid, grants and bursaries to international students.
    • Numerous Work Opportunities: International students are allowed to work for up to 20 hours a week during term time and full-time during holidays.

The Education System in UK

Choosing UK as your study destination is one-of-a-kind experience that offers high-quality of education and academic excellence where you will get a chance to gain a lot of cultural experience and values.

Their high-quality courses and devotion to education and performance will help you to excel in your area of expertise making you ready for a right job and higher salary according to your skill set.

  • UK has two types of universities i.e. Traditional universities and Modern/ Post 1992 universities.
  • 4 UK universities of the top 10 universities in the world are Russell Group members, 15 features in the top 100 & all 24 are in top 250 in the QS World University Rankings for 2018.

The Cost of Studying in the UK

Students from different countries around the globe choose to study in the UK due to its affordability and high standards of education. It takes less time to attain degrees in UK than in other countries. Where other countries take at least four years for an undergraduate degree and two or three years for a postgraduate degree; in the UK only takes three years for an undergraduate degree, and one year for a postgraduate which cuts down your cost on education.

Studying in the UK costs between 10,000 to 25,000 pounds per year for an under-graduation course and ranges upto 40,000 pounds per year for post-graduation. The UK is one of the countries which has an institutionalized, national health care system, which will reduce your overall health care costs.

Employment Opportunities in UK

UK universities have decades of experience in working with international students and provide them with the incomparable learning experience and encouragement required to gain industry ready skills.

In today’s world economy, employers want high-quality employees who have specific skill sets, including effective, critical, and creative thinking skills and excellent communication skills. Universities in UK will provide you ample opportunities to refine your specific skills and qualities that you need to succeed in your field. You can immerse yourself in and learn to live, work, and think in the English language.

Document Checklist for Study Abroad

All western institutions and embassies require almost the same documents for visa and admission purposes. (some documents may be ignored)

  • 1. Passport
  • 2. Photograph
  • 3. Visa Application
  • 4. Application Fees
  • 5. Offer or acceptance letter from the University
  • 6. Registration letter for the course / program / I20 Letter
  • 7. Fees remittance letters or copy
  • 8. Bank statement
  • 9. Solvency letter
  • 10. Reference letter by the principal or head of department
  • 11. Valuation of property or assets or house letter by the registry office
  • 12. Job letter / experiences letters if any
  • 13. Educational certificates main ones
  • 14. Hostel or lodging letter where you stay in the USA.
  • 15. English test letter if any
  • 16. Sponsor letter by father or mother or brother or blood related uncle
  • 17. Air tickets if arranged
  • 18. Own statement or intent of studying abroad like study plan.
  • 19. Medical Health Certificates for some universities
  • 20. Travel Insurance certificates for some universities


Documents for university admission

  • 1. Photo copy of the passport
  • 2. Photograph
  • 3. Academic Certificates copies, transcripts of SSC and HSC, Degree certificates for graduate study
  • 4. English test Certificates
  • 5. CV
  • 6. Reference Letters / recommendation letters by the head or Principal
  • 7. Print copy of the Application form (online)
  • 8. Experiences letter / job letters for graduate study / master degrees.
  • 9. Solvency letters wanted by some universities
  • 10. Fees payments documents

A step-by-step guide to Applications and Visa Requirements

  1. Register with GVC Global and talk with an Education Counsellor
  2. Choose a course according to your areas of interest
  3. Shortlist a university that suits your preferences, entry requirements and budget
  4. Apply online for the UK university with our assistance
  5. Get counselling on visa from our experts
  6. Pay financial deposits
  7. Receive CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies) from the university
  8. Apply for your Tier 4 (General) student visa with our help
  9. Collect Passport and get ready to depart for your dream study destination

UK Student Visa (Tier 4) Requirements

International students from outside the UK or EU must apply for a student visa. You can only apply for a student visa if you intend to study a full-time degree course in the UK. Student visas are not issued for part-time courses. Your eligibility is calculated using a points-based rules system called a Tier 4 Student Visa.

Student Visa Rules – An Introduction

You need 40 points to apply for a student visa. This is achieved by:

1. Course confirmation: you must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a university approved by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI).

All universities must have been given or applied for Highly Trusted Status (HTS) on the UKVI Tier 4 Sponsor list (30 points). 'A rated' colleges can also issue CAS numbers. The 'A' rating is a transitional rating for 12 months and all 'A rated' colleges must apply for HTS status within this 12 month transition period.

All universities on the Study London website have Highly Trusted Status (HTS). You can view the London university profiles for more information about each London university, or use the course search to find the right course for you.

2. Funding: you must provide evidence of funding to pay for both your course tuition fees and your monthly living costs (10 points).

Tuition fees are on average £12,000 per year but can range from £8,000 to £36,000. You will also need to show that you have £1,265 for each month of your studies (up to a maximum of nine months) to pay for living costs if you study in inner London. Therefore, if you will be studying in inner London for a course lasting nine months or more, the maximum amount that you will need is £11,385.

This applies to all students looking to study in London. You will be considered to be studying ‘in London’ if you are studying at the University of London, or at institutions wholly or partly within London, or in areas on the border of London such as parts of Essex, Hertfordshire and Surrey. If you are not sure if your institution is considered to be ‘in London’ you should check with your university before you make your Tier 4 application.

Visit the UK Visa and Immigration website to check the full eligibility criteria for a UK study visa. You can also read further guidance on the UKCISA website.

3. Visa Application: In order to submit your Tier 4 student visa application, please visit the UK Visa & Immigration website to complete the online application form. International students from all countries (apart from North Korea) have to submit the visa application online. You will also need to have your fingerprints and photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken at a visa application centre as part of your application.

4. Immigration Health Service Charge: All nationals from outside of Europe coming to live in the UK for longer than six months are required to pay a ‘health surcharge’ in order to gain access to the UK’s National Health Service (NHS). The health surcharge is £150 per year (or £75 for 6 months or less) for students and is payable when you submit your visa application on-line. Visa applicants need to pay up-front for the total period of their UK visa. For further information, read our Health Advice for International Students.

Remember, you can only apply for a visa once you have been given a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. Check you are eligible for a UK Student Visa but do not apply until after you have been accepted onto a course. Your chosen university can guide you through the visa process once you have been accepted onto a course.

Work Permit

  • Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa
  • Get an exempt vignette
  • Pay for UK healthcare as part of your immigration application
  • Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
  • Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa
  • Tier 1 (General) visa
  • Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa
  • Tier 1 (Investor) visa
  • Tier 2 (General) visa
  • Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa
  • Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa
  • Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
  • Tier 2 Priority Service
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Charity Worker) visa
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and sporting) visa
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Government Authorized Exchange) visa
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) visa
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Religious Worker) visa
  • Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa
  • UK Ancestry visa
  • UK visa sponsorship for employers
  • UK visa sponsorship management system
  • View a job applicant's right to


Working While Studying in London and the UK

There are hundreds of jobs and work experience opportunities for students and graduates in London. As an international student you can work for up to 20 hours a week while studying.

Working While Studying

You are allowed to work while studying if you study at a university or college that is listed on both the official UKVI Sponsor listand the list of ‘recognised bodies’.

International students who study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree course at a recognized university are allowed to work part-time during term for up to 20 hours a week and full-time during the holidays.

If your course is at a lower level, you study at a further education college or your institution is not listed on the lists above, you will not be allowed to work during your studies.

There are no working restrictions for students from the European Union (EU).

For a comprehensive guide to working in London during your studies visit UKCISA and the UK Visa and Immigration websites.

Find Part-time Student Jobs in London

There are thousands of part-time student jobs in London to help support your studies. Many universities have careers and work placement centres to help you find employment. You can also search online at:


Tip - A part-time job will earn you additional money and give you vital extra skills, such as teamwork – great for your CV.

Working in the UK After Graduation

London has eight universities in the top ten UK universities with the best starting salaries for graduates. As a global city, London has fantastic links with blue-chip companies in all industries. The city's universities have some of the highest graduate employment rates in the UK. Whether you return home or stay in the UK, a London degree will boost your CV and make you stand out in a crowd.

Non-EU Students and Work Visas

Non-EU students who wish to remain in the UK after they have graduated must apply for a work visa from UK Visa and Immigration. There are several visas you can apply for as a London graduate:

  • 1. Tier 2 (General) Visa: This is the primary visa to remain and work in the UK after your studies. It is open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from a recognised UK university. Before you apply you must have an offer of a skilled job from a licensed employer and be paid a salary of at least £20,800. After five years of employment, Tier 2 visa holders can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK providing they meet the salary requirements (£35,000) and other relevant eligibility criteria. Visit the UK Home Office website for further information.
  • 2. Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa: This visa option is open to all students who are developing a world-class business idea. You will need to be identified and sponsored by your university as having the potential to create your own business in the UK. This applies to all graduating students from any subject discipline.
  • 3. Tier 4 (Student) Visa: If you are a student completing a PhD at a UK higher education institute you can apply to stay in the UK for a further 12 months after your course completion date. You will be sponsored by your university but you will have full unrestricted work rights, except for some limited professions such as doctors or dentists.
  • 4. Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme: Some nationalities are eligible to apply for a two-year work scheme permit. You can find details on the UK Home Office website.


Tier 5 Temporary Worker: This visa allows you to work in the UK for up to 12 or 24 months (depending on the scheme you’re applying for). International students in the UK can apply for the Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) visa to undertake work experience and internships in the UK after their studies. You can apply to switch from your Tier 4 visa to this visa from within the UK. The UK has two distinct education systems: one for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and one for Scotland. Each is compatible with the other.

Interested in Studying Abroad with Global Visa Consultant, What you are waiting for?


Office Location

  • AMIN TOWER, Flat # B1(2nd Floor), House # 4, Road # 1/A, Sector # 9, Uttara, Dhaka, Bangladesh
  • +8801811143720, +8801611153764, +8801711153764,
  • info@gvcedu.com, tanvir@gvcedu.com