• Wednesday 1st December 2021
  • |
  • Thanks for Visiting Our Website
  • +8801811143720, +8801611153764, +8801711153764,
  • info@gvcedu.com, tanvir@gvcedu.com

Zero Tuition Fee + Courses in English + Work During Study + Internship (in some cases) + Work After Study


Top reasons to study in Germany


Free Education in Germany

Study in Germany is FREE. Yes you heard it right! Most Universities in Germany do not charge a tuition (course) fee even from international students. You may only need to pay a tuition fee of Euro 200 to Euro 500 per semester. There are some Universities in Germany that do charge a tuition fee but the cost of study is still very low we think ie. about Euro 10000 per academic year

Global Recognition

German education system is one of the oldest in the world. Globally, Germany ranks 3rd in attracting international students. Germany degrees are very well recognized in India

Work During your Study in Germany

Part time Work in Germany for students: As a student you are permitted to work for a total of 120 full or 240 half days per year. 8 hours normally constitute a full day in Germany, so 4 hours are one half day, though 10 and 5 are possible as well according to the law – if that is the normal working day in that company

Internship / Paid Project Work: Universities at the undergraduate level especially, encourage students to take up internships so as to understand real-time work experience and thereafter you could resume your studies. At the postgraduate level, you will find find German Universities offering paid project work or thesis work

Work After your Study in Germany

Post-study Work Rule in Germany: A student is allowed to stay back in the country for 18 months on temporary work visa to look for a job and work full-time. You do not need to have job offer in hand to apply for the 18 months extension.

Thus, a large number of international students stay back in Germany after completing their graduation and pursue work after study in Germany. Some even hope to stay in Germany permanently after completing their studies. You can also refer to Working in Germany for more information

Courses in English in Germany

At all levels–Bachelors, Masters, MBA–you will find top universities in Germany offering programs taught in English language completely. Know all about studying MBA in GermanyMasters in Germany or Bachelors in Germany, including various courses options you have at German Universities

Study Hub

Germany is a study hub for international students. In nearly 400 Universities in Germany, you will find about 12% population of students to be from international countries. Germany is ranked as 3rd in the world to attract international students

Study in Germany

As one of the leading German education consultants in Mumbai, our expert counsellors for Germany will make your application process easy! Contact us today for your free consultation

Document Checklist for Study Abroad

In the foreign students’ office (Akademischen Auslandsamt) at your university you will learn how the application process works and which documents you need to submit. Forms and information material, which will vary according to the application procedure for the university, are available on the uni-assist application portal or from the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung (Foundation for Admission to Higher Education). You will normally need the following:

  • A certified copy of the higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulreife)
  • An overview of your subjects and grades (certified and including an official translation)
  • Certified copies of your previous higher education certificates, if applicable
  • A passport photograph
  • A photocopy of your passport (name and photograph)
  • Certified copies of language certificates


Only officially certified copies and translations are accepted as proof. You can have these issued by the German embassy in your home country, for example. Some higher education institutions also accept documents in English and French.


You can obtain a complete list of documents required for a visa application from your German diplomatic mission in your home country. Normally, you are asked to present:

  • Certificate confirming health insurance coverage
  • Proof of financial resources
  • Certificates of past academic work and achievements
  • Certificate of German language proficiency or proof that you intend on attending a language course in Germany
  • For a student applicant visa: university entrance qualification recognized in Germany
  • For a student visa: notification of admission from your German university (or a statement from the university confirming that your prospects of gaining admission are good).





You should plan for the cost of any certifications and German language tests that you might have to take. There are often also fees for the application itself. If you apply through uni-assist, an assessment of your certificates and a preliminary review of your documents costs 75 EUR for the first higher education institution. Each additional application within a semester costs 15 EUR per university. Universities will charge an administration fee for examining the application documents. The application will be processed only when this is paid. Application to the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung is free of charge.


The application deadline is usually several months before the start of the semester. The university will only accept your application if it is completed in full and submitted to the university by the stipulated application deadline. The earlier you contact the foreign student’s office, the better. As you will then have plenty of time to obtain missing documents. These are the deadlines:

For courses starting in the winter semester (usually October):

    Application deadline: usually from the end of May to the 15 July

  • The letter of acceptance will be sent in August/September.
  • Notification of rejection will be sent in September and October.
  • For courses starting in the summer semester (March/April):



    You have to apply for a residence permit if you

  • Are not a citizen of an EU member state, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, and
  • Intend to study longer than 90 days


You have to apply for a residence permit at the Alien Registration Office in your university town within your first three months in Germany.

    Make sure to take the following documents with you when you apply:

  • Confirmation of registration from the Residents’ Registration Office
  • Confirmation of private or public health insurance coverage
  • Student ID from your German university (certificate of enrolment)
  • Proof of financial resources (if you didn’t present it earlier when you applied for a visa)
  • Valid passport and current visa, if you have one
  • Certificate of health(if applicable)
  • Your tenancy agreement (if applicable)
  • Biometric passport photos (if applicable)
  • Money for the residence permit fee (inquire at the International Office about the current rate)


You initially receive a two-year residence permit which can be extended if necessary. The approval of an extension depends on whether your studies have proceeded “properly” (i.e. you are keeping within the standard period of study for your degree programme). You have to present a letter of confirmation to this effect from your university. And remember: You must apply for an extension before your residence permit expires!



If you want to study at a German university, you will need a “Hochschulzugangsberechtigung” – or “university entrance qualification”. This is a school-leaving certificate which qualifies you for university study. If your secondary-school certificate is deemed insufficient for study in Germany, you will have to attend a foundation course (“Studienkolleg”) before you are allowed to enrol.

    You will then learn whether your certificate is

  • recognized as qualification for general university admission
  • recognized only for subject-restricted university admission (i.e. for study in a limited subject area)
  • recognized only in combination with one or two years of successful university study in your home country
  • not recognized as university entrance qualification

If you come from an EU country or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, and your school-leaving certificate is recognised in that country, it is often recognised in Germany, as well. This also applies if you received an “Abitur” from one of more than 140 German Schools abroad.

A formal university entrance qualification is sometimes not required from talented candidates applying for admission to artistic subjects. Depending on the university, you may have to submit samples of your work or pass an aptitude test instead.


The DAAD entrance qualification database only provides a general overview. You can obtain more specific data about other countries and certificates at Anabin. This database includes information on how foreign secondary school-leaving certificates are evaluated. On the Anabin website, you can specify your country and certificate when searching the database. It provides all relevant information, e.g. whether your certificate will be recognised and whether you will need to fulfil further requirements. The website, however, is only available in German. In the end, the university itself is responsible for making the final decision on admissions. Therefore, we recommend inquiring in advance at the International Office at the university of your choice as to whether you meet all the necessary prerequisites.

Intake: Students may be able to start in spring (January – April), summer (May – August) or autumn (September – November)


You can demonstrate your German language level with two different tests.

One is called the “DSH” (German Language University Entrance Examination for Foreign Applicants) and the other is the “TestDaF” (Test of German as a Foreign Language). You don’t need to take these tests if one of the following descriptions applies to you:

You have earned an “Abitur” from a German-language secondary school

  • You have passed the new Goethe Certificate C2 examination: major German Language Diploma or one of the former minor or major German Language Diploma or the Central Advanced Language Test of the Goethe-Institut (till 2011), or you have passed the "Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom" exam (since 2012)
  • You have the German Language Diploma (stage II) from the German Standing Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs
  • You have passed the „telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule“ examination.



There are various ways in which you can apply for a place at a German university. The best option for you will depend on the subject you wish to study and your country of origin. The requirements and deadlines vary from university to university and also according to subject. You will find answers to the most important questions below.


Entry Requirements: For the pre-Masters courses, typical entry requirements are at least 3 years of higher education and UK IELTS 5.5 (minimum of 5.0 in all skills).

If you do not meet the English language entry level but have at let UKVI IELTS 4.5 (minimum 4.0 in all skills) you can do a course that includes extended English and skills (EES).

Intake: Students may be able to start in spring (January – April), summer (May – August) or autumn (September – November.


This depends on two things: where you took your school-leaving qualification and what subject you wish to study. Three different institutions are responsible for applications: the Foundation for Admission to Higher Education (Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung), the University Application Service for International Students (Arbeits- und Servicestelle für Internationale Studienbewerbungen, uni-assist) and the university itself. Where you need to submit your application will depend on the restrictions on admissions for your subject. Which is why you should first find out whether your subject has restrictions on admissions.</status:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsstatus:rpt=detailsp>


If you want to find out if you are generally in a position to cope with the demands of a German university, the TestAS (Test für Ausländische Studierende) is a useful guide. This test is a mixture of language test, specialist questions concerning your subject and testing your cognitive capability. The test result can help decide on a certain subject. In any case, you will be able to assess how successful your studies will be.

With good results, you can improve your chances of being admitted for studies at a German university. Just find out whether your university requires the TestAS and what advantages it has for you. You can take the TestAS several times a year at the TestAS testing centres around the world, possibly also in your country. The exam fee for the TestAS is 80 Euros. For more information on the testing centres and model questions please visit the TestAS website.


Application procedure at German higher education institutions.© DAAD


Before you begin your studies, you will have to prove that you have enough money to support yourself. The document you need is called a “Finanzierungsnachweis”, or proof of financial resources. You are asked for it when you apply for an entry visa. At the latest, you will need to present it when you apply for a residence permit in Germany. In most cases, applicants have to prove that they have around 8,700 euros at their disposal for one year.

    There are a number of ways to show that you can finance your studies. The following forms of proof are possible:

  • Your parents can submit documents certifying their income and financial assets.
  • Someone with permanent residence in Germany can guarantee the Alien Registration Office to cover your expenses.
  • A security payment can be deposited into a blocked account.
  • You can present a bank guarantee.
  • You can present a scholarship award notification from a recognised scholarship provider.

Make sure to inquire at the German embassy in your country as to which form of financial proof is required!

1. Apply Early Enough

You can open a blocked account at the “Deutsche Bank” or the "Fintiba", for example. It usually takes just a week for the paperwork to be processed. It can take much longer, however, when the semester begins. That’s why we recommend completing the application for a blocked account well in advance. To obtain an application, send an e-mail to the Deutsche Bank at db.student@db.com or open an online account on the Fintiba website or the x-patrio website.

1. Have the application and required documents certified. The next step is to have the completed forms and a copy of your passport certified by a German consulate general or the German embassy in your country. Only then should you send your documents to the Deutsche Bank. Please note: Do not send your documents as attached scans by e-mail or by fax; the bank only accepts originals.

  • Deutsche Bank Privat und Geschäftskunden AG
  • Service Center Hamburg / Ausländische Studenten
  • Alter Wall 53
  • 20457 Hamburg
  • Deutschland/Germany


Or you can open your account online on the Fintiba website or on the x-patrio website.


As an international student you may need an entry visa for Germany depending on where you come from and how long you plan to stay here. For more information about visa requirements, contact the German embassy or German consulate in your home country. You can find the address on the website of the German Federal


To enter the country, you will most likely need a visa, which you can apply for before your trip at a German diplomatic mission in your home country. There are exceptions for specific countries, depending on the duration and purpose of your trip.

Visit the website of the German Federal Foreign Office for the latest visa requirements for all countries. The German embassy or consulate in your home country will provide more information about all visa application matters. You can find the addresses of all German diplomatic missions on the website of the German Federal Foreign Office. Entry Requirements: ; For the pre-Masters courses, typical entry requirements are at least 3 years of higher education and UK IELTS 5.5 (minimum of 5.0 in all skills).

If you do not meet the English language entry level but have at let UKVI IELTS 4.5 (minimum 4.0 in all skills) you can do a course that includes extended English and skills (EES).


The type of visa you need depends on whether you have already received your notification of admission from a German university. (Do not enter the country as a tourist! A tourist visa cannot be converted to a student visa or student applicant visa!). There are two types of visas:

1. Student applicant visa ("Visum zur Studienbewerbung“)

If you have not yet received notification of admission to a university or foundation course, you should apply for a student applicant visa.

This three-month visa allows you to meet the requirements for admission to a German university. If you find that three months is not long enough, you may extend your visa to a maximum of six months. If you are admitted to the university or foundation course within this period, you may apply for a student visa.

2. Student visa ("Visum zu Studienzwecken“)

If you have received your notification of admission t

Interested in Studying Abroad with Global Visa Consultant, What you are waiting for?


Office Location

  • AMIN TOWER, Flat # B1(2nd Floor), House # 4, Road # 1/A, Sector # 9, Uttara, Dhaka, Bangladesh
  • +8801811143720, +8801611153764, +8801711153764,
  • info@gvcedu.com, tanvir@gvcedu.com